We had eight attendees.
If you weren’t there you missed:
- Roy Green’s SpaceX Falcon 9 (a new kit by SpaceX themselves with beautiful vinyl wraps-no painting required and removable transparent flight fins)
- Andrew McCallum’s Quest QuadRunner (four motor cluster), Estes Vagabond and Estes Photon Probe…all with his signature super smooth and colorful paint jobs. (He hibernated in his basement over the holidays and emerged with three finished rockets. We are all jealous!)
- Jorge’s Cert Level 3 Altimeter Bay – for a 12″ diameter rocket (Excellent cabinetry skills! We’re suspicious that he is actually building a yacht.)
- Steve Corrigall’s newest addition to his fleet of 1950′s style Sci-fi rockets, Public Missiles Little Lunar Express (super cool – if you haven’t seen this one, look it up online)
- Kevin Scholberg’s somewhat rare Estes SS Cassiopeia – with only the first coat of primer (same comment as above). This kit would be easy to clone if you want one.
Quote of the evening: “If you love rocketry, don’t build a cert level three rocket.” by Jorge
See y’all next time. We’ll probably be at a new venue, slightly easier to get to.